Monday, September 22, 2008

Is it Monday already?

Yes, it is. The weekend went by too fast. Matt was gone all weekend, too - doing the Ft. Davis bike rides. He did really well -- came in 2nd place Saturday & then 4th on Sunday's 7 mile mountain time trial. He's good at climbing, but unfortunately missed 3rd place (& the prize money) by about 100 meters, he said. Bummer! :o( He had fun, though -- just tired today.
I did my 7-mile run this morning & it didn't go as well as I had hoped. It was a bit slower than last Monday. Last week, I did it in 1:03:56 & this morning, 1:06:21. I think it was slower for 2 reasons: 1)It was way warmer today (79*) & last week it was 68* & 2) This loop I did at Williamson county park is mostly trail for the 1.75 mile loop.
Either way, I gave it my best, but I did feel less "spry" today. My legs were heavier, my knees a bit sore on the last loop.
Only 13 days until our Port Aransas beach vacation & 8 weeks until my first 1/2 marathon!
I know this is crude, but I got a chuckle out of it:

Please GOD...let that NOT happen to me!!!

No comments: