Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Tiny Update

No video this time, I am sitting at the VW dealership while the van is being serviced, but I thought I could write about some of the latest things going on.
Still have to spend a bit more time in the aircast. I'm a bit bummed, but I know that I have to keep being patient about letting the healing continue & finish. It will happen sooner or later. It will happen. It will. (really trying to convince myself here....)
The time is closing in on Ironman - the thought of doing all the distances in one day is really starting to sink in. I am anxious yet looking forward to it all at the same time.
2.4 miles of swimming.
112 miles of riding.
26.2 miles of running. (God? Will I run? Will my foot be healed? Will I be able to actually RUN at all?)
I really want to be able to run!
The next cool update is that Matt did so well at the Ft. Davis hill climb race this past Sunday. He got 2nd place out of more than 100 men! It was so cool to see him do so well! He has worked so hard training over the summer to be able to do well here. The training has paid off!
Finally, Jonah & Ella are losing teeth LEFT & RIGHT! Ella finally lost her 2nd tooth over last weekend & Jonah his other top front tooth! So cute!!!
Ella is now being called "Gappy" & Jonah is called "Gumball" for obvious reasons!
They are both now in gymnastics - Ella loves it & Jonah will be starting this week. Hoping Jonah likes it as much as Ella does.

No comments: